This is an excellent opportunity to join a great team in
a growing, progressive firm
Vanderluit + Associates is a well-established
Chartered Accounting firm. We provide accounting, tax and consulting
services to a diverse group of clients. Our client base consists
of professionals (physicians, engineers, etc), construction, non-profit
organizations, and a variety of other small and medium-sized businesses.
We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver quality service that
exceeds client expectations. We are conveniently located in the
Kitsilano area of Vancouver.
The successful candidate will be a CPA CA who has completed Parts
I and II of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course and has at least 3 years
post in-depth tax experience. This is an excellent career opportunity
to join a great team in a growing, progressive firm with unimpeded
potential to grow and larn.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Provide tax planning services to private companies, including
corporate reorganizations & estate planning
- Lead and review corporate and personal tax compliance engagements
- Resolve tax related issues with clients and other staff members.
- Develop and implement tax strategies for various clients.
- Ability to identify tax consulting opportunities.
- Mentor and develop junior Canadian Tax professionals
- Liaise directly with clients and the Canada Revenue Agency
on tax engagements
- Prepare & file tax elections
Competencies and Skills
- Completion of the CICA In-depth Tax Courses - Level 1 &
2 are required (Level 3 is an asset)
- 3 years of post CICA In-depth Tax Courses experience in Canadian
- Experienced in corporate tax research, consulting and compliance
in a professional services firm.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; ability to
think and communicate in a logical concise fashion.
- Ability to multi-task
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Solid technical knowledge of the Tax Act
As a personable team player, you value a work environment that
is healthy, supportive, fast-paced, and fun. You are motivated to
produce high quality work and enjoy the challenges and rewards with
working in a CPA firm.
We provide a competitive salary, including medical benefits, member
dues, professional development courses, and a four-day work week
in the summer.
Please submit by email your cover letter and resume to the attention
of the Human Resources Manager
No phone calls please. We wish to thank
all candidates for their interest. We regret that we can only
respond to candidates chosen for an interview.