This is an excellent opportunity to join a great team in a growing, progressive firm
Vanderluit + Associates is a well-established Chartered Accountants firm. We provide accounting, tax and consulting services to a diverse group of clients. Our client base consists of professionals (physicians, engineers, etc.), construction, non-profit organizations, and a variety of other small and medium-sized businesses.
We pride ourselves on delivering quality service that exceeds client expectations. We are conveniently located in the Kitsilano area in Vancouver.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Preparation of working paper files and financial statements for audit, review and compilation engagements for small to medium organizations in a variety of different industries
- Preparation of personal & corporate tax returns, trust returns, and charity information returns
- Preparation of HST / GST / PST / WCB returns and other compliance filings
- Interaction with clients in a professional manner
- Ensuring work is completed accurately and on a timely basis
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skill.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a focus on solutions
- Exceptional time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience in public practice would be preferred but not a requirement
- Knowledge of CaseWare, CaseView, QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, and Taxprep would be preferred but not essential
- Eligibility to enroll or currently enrolled in CASB / CGA program
As a personable team player, you value a work environment that is healthy, supportive, fast-paced, and fun. You are motivated to produce high quality work and enjoy the challenges and rewards with working and learning in a CA firm.
We provide a competitive salary, including medical benefits, CASB / CGA course fees, member dues, and a four-day work week in the summer.
Please submit by email your cover letter and resume to the attention of the Human Resources Manager
No phone calls please. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for an interview.