This is an excellent opportunity to join a great team in a growing, progressive firm
Vanderluit + Associates is a well-established Chartered Accountants firm. We provide accounting, tax and consulting services to a diverse group of clients. Our client base consists of professionals (physicians, engineers, etc.), construction, non-profit organizations, and a variety of other small and medium-sized businesses.
We pride ourselves on delivering quality service that exceeds client expectations. We are conveniently located in the Kitsilano area in Vancouver.
We have an opening for a Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a minimum of 3 years post designation public practice experience. Reporting to the Partners and Manager, you will be working collaboratively with a dedicated team of accounting and administrative professionals.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Preparation and/or review of working paper files and financial statements for compilation, review and audit engagements, including applicable tax returns and other required compliance.
- Preparation and/or review of personal & corporate tax returns, trust returns, and charity information returns.
- Preparation and/or review of HST / GST / PST / WCB returns and other compliance filings.
- Monitoring of client deadlines to ensure client deadlines are met.
- Supervision and training of junior staff members and review of their work.
- Direct interaction with clients and CRA on behalf of clients.
- Working knowledge of CaseWare, CaseView, QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, Taxprep, and the Microsoft Office together with other commonly used applications in an accounting environment.
- Knowledge of IFRS reporting is an asset.
You have a strong interest in public practice. Strong communication skills are a must and all applicants should have a strong command of the English language, both written and verbal. You have excellent organizational and time management skills, and a proven ability to take initiative and work independently and in groups. As a personable team player, you value a work environment that is healthy, supportive, fast paced, and fun. You are motivated to produce quality work and possess great problem-solving skills with a focus on solutions. A minimum of 3 years post designation public practice experience is required.
We provide a competitive market salary, including extended health and dental benefits, professional development fees, membership dues, and a four-day work week in the summer.
Please submit by email your cover letter and resume to the attention of the Human Resources Manager
We thank all candidates for their interest. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.